What to do on a rainy day with kids
On rainy days with the children we sometimes struggle to come up with ideas of places to go or activities to keep the kids entertained in and around Tunbridge Wells, Kent and East Sussex…..
Top 10 indoor places to go with kids
1. Indoor soft play centres although you run the risk of soft playcentres being packed full on rainy days, they offer great places to go for little ones to let off steam.
2. Museums & Art Galleries - to past time on a rainy day Museums and art galleries often offer educational activities and events for kids throughout the week.
3. Libraries - explore the range of books and resources available for children to borrow or just read together in one of the children’s sections.
4. Sport Centres – with a range of activities available, some sport centres offer classes on a drop in basis for younger children, ideal for rainy days.
5. Bowling – excellent fun for a children and adults, look out for some earlier morning sessions which are sometimes cheaper and ideal for kids.
6. Cinema – kids clubs at cinema’s such as Odeon offer a cheaper option to a trip to the cinema.
7. Steam Train Rides – depending on your choice of railway line, a trip on a steam train can be great fun even in the rain.
8. Swimming pools – often a popular choice when stuck with things to do, but an excellent way of burning off excess energy.
9. Local Classes & Toddler Groups some of the local classes and most toddler groups offer a pay as you go option allowing you to drop in whenever you are at a lose end.
10. Theatre – check out the children’s options for an ideal indoor activity.
If none of the above takes your fancy then many younger children are often just as happy to jump in puddles or squelch through mud with a good pair of wellies on and waterproofs!